Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tie-Dye Accents

Happy Saturday, ladies!

I am loving this weather! I can't say the same for my 2 siberian huskies though who much prefer the cold and snow.

We did take them down to the Boardwalk though which they enjoyed. There were LOTS of huskies out that day!

Dpow is on the left & Amoki is on the right
Aren't our babies gorgeous?! Ok Ok, enough of being one of those people who fawn over their dogs...we have nails to discuss!

So, I did end up adding that nail art to Lemon Fizz yesterday. I'll jump right into it and show you because it makes me happy!




Isn't it PSYCHEDELIC?! I used this great tutorial. This look is achieved by gently dragging a small pin or needle through your still wet polish. I must have done mine a bit too hard because instead of smearing the colors it revealed the white underneath, but I still LOVE this. It's so fun and I remember making tie-dye shirts when I was younger. I did a small change to the base polish by removing Lemon Fizz on my thumb and ring finger and replacing it with China Glaze Papier Mâché to give myself a good base to make the colors for the tie-dye really pop.

Lemon Fizz & Papier Mâché

Colors used for tie-dye in order of use:
● FINGER PAINTS Papier Mâché
● CHINA GLAZE Lemon Fizz
● SALLY HANSEN XTREME WEAR Sun Kissed (150)
● JULEP Cameron
● ZOYA Sooki
● JULEP Anne
● CHINA GLAZE Frostbite
● CHINA GLAZE Holly-Day
● Topped off with Seche Vite

I definitely plan on trying this pin dragging art again. I think the look it makes is fabulous.

Well, thanks for popping in and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the tie-dye, it looks so freakin' cool! Cute doggies, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! I'm going to try this technique to see if I can make camouflage nails... Nice blog too, I just followed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tie-dye look! I've tried it before using a striping brush instead of a needle and it seemed to produce a better drag for me (without scraping down to the bottom coat)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to give that a try the next time I do this, thanks!

      Delete

Your comments are always appreciated :-)